Saturday, November 4, 2017

Oops I Did It Again!

I got lost in the woods again this morning!  LOL  Seems I turned at the correct tree, but went to far this time.  Brian came and got me and pointed me in the right direction.  Dammit man, I need to get reflectors to put on the path to my stand!


No luck this weekend, I did see a very nice buck, but managed to spook him during our stare-down.  Grrrr!!!!  He was the only one I saw.  Last weekend, I shot at a doe but we never found her (we were hunting in a county that is either-sex all rifle season).  There was no blood or hair or anything, so I suppose I missed her and she just ran when she heard the bang.  :-(


We planted our collards and turnip seeds this past Wednesday night.  Silly me didn't wear bug spray, and I'm paying for it now.  I have a bite on my knee, and about 10 on my left elbow and back of the arm.  I don't handle itching well, so fortunately it's stayed mild for the most part.


I managed to have a nightmare last night that to my knowledge was the first time I was screaming or whatever sound it was and had to be woken up.  It was a really strange dream - people were getting kidnapped for their blood.  Not killed, but kidnapped, and they had blood withdrawn from them.  Nurses would sneak up behind the people and jab a tiny needle in them somewhere, and this would knock the person out so they could be taken to have blood withdrawn.  I went to a restroom within a hospital, and felt a sting on my rear, I turn around and see a nurse withdrawing her hand from underneath the stall door.  As I start feeling the effects of the drug, I make an attempt to scream for help, and that screaming was a drugged, slow-motion scream/moan.  This noise is what I ended up doing for real.  Brian managed to wake me up and get me settled back down pretty quickly, and I went back to sleep.  Weird!


Got a busy day tomorrow, lots of laundry, gonna make some candied jalapenos, and a lot of other things.  I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment