Saturday, February 17, 2018

Tough Day

Today's been a tough day for me.  I see my memories on Facebook, and the first one that hits me is my post about being with Meme a year ago, and it being so hard.  That was in reference to the last time I saw her before she passed.  Instant tears. 


So I've kept myself busy all day, took Steven to test drive a car this morning, and then Clydie and I went out and about, buying some wheat straw for the back yard, a couple rose bushes, dirt for the front flower bed, and a couple random things at Wal-Mart.  We got home and cleared the pine straw out of the front flower bed, added the dirt, and planted the roses.  This was in between me playing with the local kitty that Steven nicknamed Bucko, and assumed for some reason that it was a boy, but nope, Bucko is a girl!  Bucko also saved me from what I thought was a very tiny snake (and no, I didn't freak out and scream or run):
Yep, this thing is tiny - about 5 inches long.  After I dropped the bag of dirt near it and it didn't move, I looked at it closer and it had little tiny legs!

So my roses that we planted, one is a red orange, and the other is this pretty pinkish/mauve color.  I cannot wait until they grow and bloom!


We were also busy inside the house after finishing the flowerbed - we are in the process of setting up an aquarium upstairs, and had to move some furniture around.  I'm going to put it by the buffet in the dining area.  I also boxed up a bunch of glass stuff that had been on the buffet and another set of shelves.  It made the area look so much less cluttered than before!


Then after dinner tonight, I'm looking through Facebook and see a photo of someone that looked very familiar to me.  Turns out it was an old neighbor of mine from when I lived in Morrow, and he's in hospice due to cancer.  It's sad enough to think about that on top of Meme, but when I asked if he found love after his partner died several years ago, the answer was no, but that he was so looking forward to being with his love again upon his death.  That just broke my heart. 


Just a tough day emotionally. 


But one thing I think is for sure - Spring is here!



No comments:

Post a Comment