Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday.....

Here it is, almost 8am on Black Friday, and I'm just sitting around, sipping my coffee.  After working in retail almost 11 years, requiring that I actually work on all the Black Fridays (except the one I missed thanks to the birth of my son), I just don't do Black Friday.  It's just not worth it to me, to fight the traffic on the roads and the crowds at the stores, to save a few bucks.

Last weekend was a blast - went to USC for the annual Alumni Band game.  It started off with a bang, or more like a crash - Friday I was getting ready to take the pups to be boarded, and they saw that I had packed a bag with their food and toys.  Needless to say, they were excited to know they were going somewhere, and when I sat on the bed to put on my shoes, Gabriel came rushing up on the bed and smashed his head into the back of mine.  I freaking saw stars!  Immediate tears, too!  He smacked into me so hard I thought he had busted my head open, but thankfully that wasn't the case.  Just a goose egg that is still here (smaller than last Friday, but still here), and a very sore scalp.

I also learned while at USC that the band hall is going to be named after the man that was band director when I was there - James K. Copenhaver.  That was exciting news.  Got to see Mr. Copenhaver at the end of the game, too.  And I never really realized just how big the dormitory was that I lived in for 3 years - but in riding around campus, you can see it above pretty much anything else, so yes, it was a tall building.

We took Momma Clydie to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 on Sunday.  I haven't seen any of the other movies, or read the books, but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.  Also figured out that the head "bad vampire" was the guy that played Lucian in the Underworld movies.

Mom headed back to England Sunday afternoon - I really wish she could have stayed through Steven's bday on Wednesday and Thanksgiving.  She will be back in March and I can't wait to see her again!

Steven's bday was Wednesday - he had a couple of friends and his brother over to hang out, then we took them to Moe's for dinner.  I still cannot believe my son is 17 years old!!!!  Where does the time go????? 

We had a wonderful thanksgiving yesterday - Momma Clydie did 99% of the cooking - and it was yummy!!!  But apparently I suffered carb overload or something after we ate and slept away most of the afternoon and evening, and still managed to sleep through the night until someone's freaking cell phone alarm went off at 5am!!!  I am not mentioning any names but dammit man, WTH.  I am still not sure what happened to me - I didn't eat any more than I would at a normal meal, but I had that groggy, sluggish, drugged feeling I get sometimes, and it almost seems like my sugar is off balance or something.  I'm feeling a lot better today so far, and I plan to keep it that way.  I hate sleeping the day away like I did yesterday - glad we didn't have company over!  LOL

Well folks, time to wrap this up and grab me some breakfast.  Got a lot of stuff to do today and I wanna get going with it while I'm still feeling good.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and aren't going too nuts with the Black Friday shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment