Thursday, November 1, 2012

What I'm Thankful for.....

I see a lot of folks doing the 30 days of thankfulness for November and the month of Thanksgiving.  I'm not gonna participate - there are just so many things I am thankful for, 30 days just isn't enough!  But, to scratch the surface, here are some of the many people and things I am very thankful for, in no particular order:

*my son - I have learned so much from him, and have been able to teach him so much as well.  It has been such a pleasure and joy to watch him grow up and become a young man.  I think he is a well-balanced, well-rounded person, and he can argue the blue off a wall.

*my mom - while she is so far away most of the year in England, she is always there for me in some fashion.  I can depend on her to vent to, cry to, or just gossip and chat with.  She and I have always been close, and this distance is very difficult at times, but that just means we have to make the most of the times she's at home.

*my mother-in-law - she is such a wonderful person - she came into our home at a time when I really  needed someone to be there with me, in a physical presence.  She kept me from hiding away in the darkness of my room every night, suffering silently in loneliness and depression, taking my mind off of missing my husband and the stress of dealing with life while he was deployed.  She's also been like a mom to me, and oh how I appreciate that with my mother being gone most of the year.  I don't know what I would have done without her these last 8 or so months!

*my husband - never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that I would find a man that would love me in the way that he does - he accepts me, all of me, flaws, bitchiness and all.  Even across the distance that we faced over his deployment, he was there for me as much as he could be, if not via phone or Skype, then in spirit.  He knows just how to pick me up when I'm feeling down, and what to say when I'm hating life for one reason or another.

*my job - I am very thankful in this economy, to be employed. 

*our dogs - yes, they are a pain in the ass sometimes, but they are so much company and comfort at times and are such loving creatures.  They also provide a lot of entertainment, as they know how to entertain themselves wrestling and playing chase.

*my health - I'm not in perfect health, but I'm relatively healthy.  I am able to go and do pretty much whatever I want to, and there are far too many people in the world who cannot.

I feel so blessed to know the people that I know, and to have the opportunities in life that I have earned and those I have been given.  I hope you all have enough to live, to be happy, and to grow in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment