Sunday, August 25, 2013

Where is the time going??!?!?!?!

Time is flying by so fast, and so much is happening!  So, here goes!

We found a house the last week in July, and we are scheduled to close this coming Friday, August 30th.  Steven will be changing schools, but I think he will be in a better school district.  Plus - he will likely know some of the kids at the new school, as he went to the feeder elementary school for pre-k through 4th grade.  Hopefully he will remember some of them, and they will remember him, and he will be able to make some friends quickly. 

We have a few cosmetic and technical things to do to the new house before we move in, so we don't have a firm move-in date yet, but I'm thinking the middle of September.  I dread the move, but will be happy to be in our own home, with our own yard, and no landlord or property manager to make happy or deal with.

My birthday back on the 1st was a good one.  Other than some bullshit that happened at work, it was great.  (if you wanna know about the BS at work, private message me)  In the grand scheme of things, what happened was pretty stupid and petty, but it really pissed me off at the time.  We went to dinner at Ranchero, our favorite Mexican restaurant, and I had my fill of margarita and tequila shots.   I received some nice gifts for my bday - stuff for our new home, a charm and spacer for my Brighton bracelet, some gift cards, and money.  :-)

As you can imagine, due to Brian's arm injury, we haven't been to the lake all summer.  We did go a few weeks ago, and had a good time.  We took Steven's brother, CJ, with us, and he made the mistake of biting off half of a ghost pepper before we could warn him that it gets hotter as more time passes after you eat it.  He also learned that while Oakheart rum is tasty, that too much of it, especially after drinking beer, is a very bad thing.  It was pretty damn funny afterwards, and thankfully Steven cleaned up pretty well after him, and that's all I will say about it.  (don't worry, Mom - the lake house is very clean and nothing was stained or ruined!)

Hopefully, after we get moved and settled, we will be able to go down to the lake some.  It will be cooler, which hopefully will mean less bugs.  I enjoy fishing, it is relaxing, but only if you catch one every once in a while.  This last time we went it was just so freaking hot and the gnats were totally out of control - the worst I think I have ever seen it!  Even in the pool, they were horrible.

Steven and I watched "Ghost Shark" the other day - it was hysterically horrific.  Bad - as in awful.  We laughed through the entire movie. 

Ok folks, time for me to go.  I have a lot to do before bed tonight.  I hope you all have a great week.



No comments:

Post a Comment