Monday, September 2, 2013

Someone pinch me!

Wow, I cannot believe that I'm a homeowner now!  It's official!  Papers were signed on Friday afternoon.  It still does not feel real to me.  We went by the house after signing the papers and Brian changed out the locks and deadbolts, and we looked around at the paint and some other things, to be thinking about any changes we may want to make before we move in.  Right now the move-in date is the 14th, and we are going to out there this weekend to work on painting and a few other things that need to be done.

Saturday was spent emptying out our U-Haul storage unit and moving all that stuff to the new house to store in the garage.  We had originally planned to come back to Hampton and empty out the shed and take that stuff out to the house, but alas, the one trip from U-Haul was enough to do us all in and we put that off until Sunday. 

I cooked breakfast for us Sunday morning - scrambled eggs, grits, bacon, and Bisquick biscuits.  I think we ended up with 15 biscuits, so there was about half a dozen left over when we finished.  They were on a platter on the counter, and we all went out to work on emptying the shed out.  After a little while, Clydie comes outside, and she was fussing about Dominion.  Turns out that little sucker stole every last biscuit off the platter!  Ate every last one of them!  Sneaky little bastard!

I've had a rough week or two physically - seem to be having trouble after I eat.  It's like I'm on carb overload, regardless of what I eat, and I feel totally exhausted and have a strong need to sleep.  I don't know what it is, have had my sugar checked regularly by the doctor and they are not concerned about my sugar, so they won't order a glucose tolerance test.  It's almost like I'm having low blood sugar issues, but I just don't know.  Today after eating lunch, I had the shakes really bad and had to fight the desire to sleep.  There was just too much I wanted to get done and sleeping could not be part of the plan. 

Brian has been in rare form yesterday and today - crazy, aggravating, annoying, and fun as hell.  Except for the tickling.  I could live my life without ever having my feet tickled again.  And because he's still not 100% from his arm/elbow ordeal, I don't fight back as hard as I normally would.  Thank goodness I had that little surgery I had last year in August, or we would have had a major issue this afternoon because of the tickling. 

I got a few boxes packed today, and still have a ways to go.  I have less than 2 weeks to get it all ready to go now, and a lot of stuff to do in between.  It'll get done, one way or another. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment