Thursday, February 13, 2014

Somebody make it stop!

OMG this cold is kicking my ass!!!  I feel like a fully functional snot factory!  My nose is so sore and my lips are so chapped from sneezing and blowing my nose and wiping my face with regular tissues.  I wish I had the super soft/strong Kleenex instead.  I like regular tissues for every day stuff but when I'm sick I need the special ones so that my nose doesn't get so sore.  Oh well, I've been putting Aquaphor on my face to try to soothe the skin, and thankfully it's working pretty well. 

Second day at home due to the snow & ice storm.  It's amazing to see the news reports this morning and seeing how few vehicles are out on the interstates.  People actually paid attention to the reports this time and didn't try to get out.  Plus, we were all fortunate that the heavy stuff didn't come in until the evening, so we didn't get the gridlock on the interstates like 2 weeks ago.  Tomorrow hasn't been decided yet, as far as whether we will be working or not, but if I don't feel any better I may be staying home and perhaps even heading to the doctor.

Glad I'm not in Clayton County anymore - reports are that the conditions there are pretty bad, and I think they have the highest # of people without power in the metro area.  We have fortunately not lost power, other than I believe the power must have gone off for at least a moment last night because I had to reset the clock on the stove and Clydie mentioned her clock was messed up too. 

Our heat is working great, we have plenty of food, but the cabin fever is setting in!  I don't like going outside and playing in this stuff, and being sick I'm sure it's not advisable anyways.

When I went to bed last night, we just had a small amount of white stuff on the ground, and I believe most of that was ice.  This morning, a nice blanket of snow and ice:



Looking out the front window, towards the driveway:
 
 
Looking out the front window, across the street in the other direction: 


Close-up of a tree out the side window from the living room:


Close-up of another tree out the same side window:


View out the kitchen window - the backyard:

The sun is coming out, and things are starting to melt.  It was out for about 5 minutes and now is behind another cloud.  The sky looks beautiful - nice and blue with big white, fluffy clouds, not those yucky looking snow clouds.  Hopefully all this stuff will melt and life can get back to normal.  Now, just to get relief from the snot, sneezing, and coughing.

And here I am, warm and cozy in the house, with my pretend smile:

Gotta put on the pretend smile, keeps me from being so damn whiny.  Maybe......Just wish I could taste the goodness of the cocoa drop cookies I made last night.  Dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment