Sunday, April 3, 2016

April....already?????

I cannot believe that it's already April.  Where the hell does the time go?  I know I've been terrible at writing, and I can't promise that it will get better.  I always have so much I want to share, but for one reason or another, I just don't feel like sitting down to write it all out for the world to read.  It takes a lot more concentration than I seem to have these days in order to put together coherent thoughts, and a lot of motivation to make the time to write.  There are so many things in my life that fall by the wayside, due to lack of concentration or zero motivation, and for those of you I let down because of my shortcomings, I'm sorry.  But I'm here for the moment, and here's what I have to share for now:


Gabriel attacked Dominion Sunday before last.  I had let Dominion outside in the backyard, by himself, and did not realize that he was sick and had thrown up.  When I called for him to come in, he wandered aimlessly and acted like he didn't hear me, not even turning his ears towards my voice.  Gabriel wanted to go down, so I let him.  He went straight over to Dominion and jumped him.  They sounded terrible, and I was yelling at them and trying to get to them to make them stop.  When I finally reached them, they hesitated for a moment after I pulled Gabriel's tail, and I tried grabbing Gabriel's collar.  He turned towards me, probably thinking I was Dominion or another dog attacking him, and snapped at me so I pulled back.  Dominion ended up putting both his legs over Gabriel's shoulders, sort of pushing down, and Gabriel submitted to him and then ran off.  What was the fight over?  Vomit.  Dominion had a bite puncture on one of his front legs, but it is healing up nicely. 


Ever since this episode, Dominion has been intimidated by Gabriel.  Gabriel will guard the door and not let Dominion enter unless one of us pushes Gabriel out of the way and gives Dominion strong encouragement to enter.  Gabriel has taken to guarding the food at times, although he is not food aggressive with us, allowing us to remove the food bowls.  We've started giving Dominion canned food mixed in with his dry food, feeding him alone so that there are no fights over the special food.  Dominion needs to gain a little weight - last year at the vet he weighed about 47lbs, and I think he's lost a couple pounds.  Gabriel has gained 11lbs from last year, and is up to 65lbs. 


Kita continues to get along fairly well with both Dominion and Gabriel, but there have been more skirmishes between her and Gabriel the last couple weeks. I think Gabriel starts it, but Kita finishes it.  She probably weighs around 55lbs, and is solid muscle.  She is a dog that will take no shit from either of the boys.


Steven pranked me the other day, putting Pop-Its under the toilet seat so that when I sat down, there were loud pops.  I swore several cuss words and ran out of the bathroom, yelling down the hallway "which one of you MFers did it?"  Steven was quite proud of himself, point at himself.  We all had a good laugh and then I had to change clothes.  LOL


One of Brian's buddies gave him a tiller last weekend, and after a lot of work and just a little bit of $ (less than $30), he got it running and has tilled out our garden patch, expanding it from last year.  This year's patch is a little more than double last year's size.  He's moving the non-exotic peppers to the garden, saving his pepper patch for the scorpions and reapers.  We have several different peas and beans to sow, and this weekend we picked up some yellow straightneck squash, zucchini, cucumbers, jalapenos, habaneros, serranos, and I have some carrot seeds to plant as well.  Looks like Brian is going to be a planting fool this coming week!


I get irritated with some people.  Someone posted on a page that they are giving away their puppy because they don't have a fenced in yard.  Another person posted "so what, just put them on a chain".  As if a dog living on a chain gives it any kind of life.  It's one thing if you put it on one of those pulley systems so that they have a larger area to roam in your yard, but it's cruel, not to mention illegal in many areas, to leave a dog on a chain on a daily basis, in and out all day and night long.  Runners are great when you need to let a dog out to go potty, but shouldn't be used as a permanent solution. 


I know I had a lot more to write than this, but I don't remember it all and this post is long enough as it is.    I hope you all are enjoying your weekend, and didn't fall victim to any April Fools Day pranks!

No comments:

Post a Comment