Friday, March 31, 2017

Getting Somewhere....Maybe

I finally broke down and went to the doctor today.  It was time for my medication refill appointment, so I decided to bring up my hip issues, my icky toenails, and my concern regarding my allergies.


The hip problems started almost 4 weeks ago when I was helping my mom go through Meme's clothing.  I did a lot of lifting, pushing, pulling, etc., and at one point I moved a large garbage bag in a non-ergonomic way, and immediately felt my mid-back barking at me.  I put the bag down, did a little stretching, and went about my business.  I spent the night, and the next day, I couldn't bend over, squat, or stoop without significant pain in my left hip.  Only my hip, nothing in my back. 


I have nursed my hip for the last 3 weeks, with Aleve, the heating pad, sleeping with a pillow between my knees when I'm on one side or the other, and sitting in the floor and trying to stretch.  The stretching seemed to help the most, but the pain would come and go, and usually flares up on the weekend.  Getting in a vehicle is very painful at times, no matter how I approach it.  And of course after I made the appointment, my hip has given me almost zero pain! 


The doc said that the pain was most likely coming from my back, not my hip, and I've heard that theory from more than one person when I've mentioned my discomfort.  She sent me for some x-rays, which I should hear something on those on Monday, and also gave me a shot of decadron and a shot of toradol.  That toradol burned like a mf'er - and it was a slightly delayed effect - the nurse had left the room, I moved away from the exam table, and then it was time for a silent scream!  Wow, that surprised me at how badly it burned.


As for the allergies, the doc will be referring me to an allergist for testing and the possibility of some allergy shots.  It seems that religiously taking Singular, Allegra, and Flonase, is not enough to keep me from having that constant, nasty post-nasal drip, and I don't want it to turn into the sinus infection that turns into bronichitis with the lovely asthmatic flares AGAIN.


And I got Lamisil again for the toes.  I went through 90 days of it in 2015, and it just didn't go completely away.  It's getting to be sandal season, and the nails have gotta look good! 


So now I'm home, relaxed, and my hips are aching.  I've had that effect from decadron before, but it might just be from the normal hustle and bustle of my day.  Who knows at this point.  It's a little after 9, and I could turn in soon, or just pass out on the couch.  Which would make my hips hurt worse.  Can't win for losing!


I hope you all have a fantabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment