Thursday, March 9, 2017

Waiting......

I'm waiting on a lot of things tonight.


I'm waiting on my beloved husband to make it home from work (the work truck broke down on I-285 by Ashford-Dunwoody and the tow truck is on the way)


I'm waiting for my damn hip to stop hurting.  Apparently sleeping in a different bed this past weekend, combined with lifting, dragging, and pushing lots of somewhat heavy things in Hampton has wreaked havoc on my left hip joint.  It has gotten better since Sunday, but it's quite aggravating at this point.  At least I can sit and squat now without much discomfort, but bending over sends pain from my hip joint all the way down my leg.  Sunday it was excruciating to the point I actually considered going to the emergency department (you know it's bad if I consider the ED).  It's gradually gotten more tolerable, but tonight's it's kinda aching and burning, and nothing I do seems to relieve the pain.  The pain level is only maybe a 4 out of 10, but it's enough to be very uncomfortable.


I'm waiting for the pain of losing my grandmother to go away.  I know it will take some time, and I thought I was doing well until I wore the outfit to work today that I wore to her service.  I started tearing up on the way to work and had a full-blown albeit brief cry during the last couple of minutes of the commute.  I didn't wear much eye makeup today, so there wasn't a lot to wash away thankfully.  For those of you that don't know the dynamics of our family, my mother and I lived with my grandmother (or she lived with us, ever how you want to look at it) from the time my parents divorced when I was 1, until I was a sophomore in high school.  We were close, thankfully a lot closer than most folks get to experience with their grandparents.  And Steven got to experience 21 years of having a great-grandmother.  Most folks don't get that, not even a fraction of that, and he got 21 years!  Something to celebrate!


There are other things I'm waiting for - fame, fortune, blah blah blah!  LOL  Damn I would love to win the lottery!  Oh the things I could do with lottery money!

No comments:

Post a Comment