Sunday, October 22, 2017

Getting Lost.....

About the only thing I'm afraid of happening while hunting actually happened this morning.  I got lost in the woods in the dark.  We didn't bring our walkie talkies this time, so I couldn't let Brian know.  I'm sure he probably noticed my headlight wandering aimlessly in the woods, circling back, going too far in, but he did the wisest thing for everyone's safety (and eardrums due to the screams my terror would have unleashed) by just letting me figure things out.  I sat down against a tree and waited until I could see without my headlight.  I was about 20 feet too far in, and about 20 yards short of where my stand is. 

I've seen far too many horror movies to be comfortable in the woods in the dark.  And let me tell you - there's to be no running in these woods, hell you can barely walk in them between the massive spider webs, holes in the ground, and prickly vines that will either stick you thru your clothing or wrap around your feet and trip you.  I'm still picking thorns out of my clothes and I'm back at Casa de Buxton!

Something must be wrong with my Fitbit cause I had not even reached 2000 steps after my little adventure - that was worth at least 4000 steps!

I wear these nifty headphones when I hunt that amplify the small sounds yet minimize the sounds of your own gunfire.  Awesome thing to have.  A couple of things to note - sometimes you can hear your own pulse, it amplifies the sounds you make when eating or drinking, and it also makes gunfire from a couple fields over sound like it's right next to you, not in volume just proximity.  And when you have your gun up, waiting on the buck to come out that you just know is with the 3 does in front of you, and you hear a fourth deer that you don't even see blowing a warning, it will sound like a demon straight from hell blowing that warning directly in your ear. Creepy. As. Hell.  (And the buck never showed btw)


I did see a small button buck this morning.  He showed up a good while after the does, and decided to take a dump right in front of the trail cam.  I also got photos of him on my phone:

 
 



I also took several photos of Brian and I this weekend:

                                                            I got in trouble for this one LOL






                                                       he looks constipated!  LOL





had a great weekend and can't wait for the next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment