Saturday, October 14, 2017

Keep Truckin' On.....

My recovery process has been a lot easier than I expected when it comes to pain, but it's still a slow going ordeal.  I didn't get my stitches out on October 4 like I had expected, as they're those lovely dissolvable ones.  I think I have about 4 left, and for the most part, they just get uncomfortable at times.  The incisions are slowly closing up and healing, and I go back on November 3 for another check up.  I was also told that I will have follow ups with the oncologist for quite some time, possibly forever, as it was a precancerous diagnosis and they want to keep an eye on me to make sure my problem doesn't return. 


I have a funny story about my oncologist/surgeon - we were talking about my cruise, and I told him the story of the change in itinerary, and the delay in getting home, and he asked me where we ended up docking while waiting to get back to Florida - turns out he was in New Orleans the same time we were, as he was celebrating his wife's birthday there!  That would have been hilarious had we run into each other there that Saturday!


On the way to that follow-up visit, I started thinking about Meme.  For some reason, I was thinking of how she used the word "tu-tu" to refer to the female privates.  It made me laugh, then made me cry.  I miss her!  And I had thought about writing a blog that brought up "tu-tu" and all the other slang words for that part of the female body, but have decided against it.  You can Google it if you want to see some of the genius names people have come up with for the hoo-ha.


I can't wait until next weekend - it's opening rifle deer season!  I cannot wait to get in the stand and sit in nature.  Time to zone out with the trees and animals and find my peace.  It doesn't matter if I see anything, or shoot anything, I just really enjoy sitting in nature and the peace that comes with it.  I have time to think about my life, my troubles, and make peace with everything that's been going on since last time I was out there.  I even take a notepad and pen sometimes and write (and yes, I still keep an eye out for any deer that might be coming through my area). 


I really need my time in the tree - things are crazy in the world these days.  People bitching about the stupidest things, constant discourse with politics, death, shootings, threats of war.  It's a very scary time, and very annoying to not be able to avoid some of the insanity online.  I've found that I have friends that are on both ends of the political spectrum, some on the very far end of one side or the other, and I'm just tired of seeing all the bickering and bitching about everything.  I just don't have the energy to deal with it all, and don't care to read about it all.  I enjoy Facebook, but damn sometimes I think life would be somewhat more peaceful if I didn't have it.  (yes, I know I can deactivate, or delete my profile, or limit my viewing of it, but it's how I keep up with my friends and family so it's just not something I want to do for now)


Well folks I've said enough for tonight, it's only a little after 8pm and I'm exhausted.  I will probably fall asleep on the couch tonight ;-)  Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment