Sunday, July 22, 2018

The latest news, and defnitely NOT the greatest news

Lots of stuff going on lately - but I'll start with what's been consuming my thoughts all week.  I'm going to make a long story short - we found out this past Monday that Dominion has an extremely enlarged liver, and combined with his 10lb weight loss over the past year, the doctor feels pretty strongly that he has liver cancer.  And only 1-3 months to live.  He gave us some pills that are more of a supplement to promote liver health than a medication to change anything, and we go back on August 3rd to see if there are any changes.  Brian and I and the rest of our home are devastated, as Dominion is only 11.  We thought we'd have a few more years with him but it's not looking that way at this point.  I'll be talking to the vet on the 3rd about palliative care, and signs to look for that it's time to make that tough decision to aid him in crossing the Rainbow Bridge.  But to my coworkers and colleagues I ask one thing - please don't mention this to me at work.  It's all I can do to try to keep my mind off this so that I can focus and actually get some work done.


Gabriel destroyed a roll of toilet paper the other night.  He's never done this before.  This roll was in a decorative rack, at the bottom, and he managed to get it out and just shred the hell out of it!


I will be 50 in less than 2 weeks!  (August 1)  We are planning to visit the Georgia Aquarium that morning and hit the Vortex for lunch.  If any of you local friends are off and would like to join us for lunch, please let me know.  I'll have a better idea of what time we'll be going as we get closer to the date.


My feet are swelling horribly.  I even took my meds this weekend, so it's not that.  I'm on Lasix "as needed", and didn't take it last week, so I'll be taking it again beginning tomorrow morning. Gotta love peeing right before you leave the house, and after the 10 minute commute, having to pee as soon as you walk in the door at work!  But I'll deal with it if it will make these damn cankles go away!  My ankles are the only skinny thing on my body, and I'm not about to go around with stumps for legs! 


Well folks, it's about bedtime for me!    I've done laundry all day, and we had our favorite army buddy and his family over for lunch today.  Great visit with them and their kids are just stinking precious!  I'm pooped!  I hope you all had a great weekend, and here's to a Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment