Monday, September 3, 2018

Happy Labor Day!

Yep, my day has been full of labor!  After enjoying my morning coffee, I got up and worked from home.  Payroll Monday stops for no holiday (except when Christmas Day was on Monday last year, they extended the deadline to Tuesday). 


I've also worked on laundry all day, and did early prep for dinner.  We had boneless country pork ribs, baked beans, veggie kabobs, and potato salad.  I seasoned the ribs early, made the tater salad, and waited until closer to grilling time to cut up the veggies and build the kabobs.  Brian does such a kick-ass job on the grill - these ribs were so tender and juicy!  Yummy!


I also found time to sweep and mop the common area floors, as well as my bedroom and bathroom.  (Steven did the vacuuming this morning woot woot). 


Even with getting all this stuff done, I didn't tackle the mountain of crap in the corner in my bedroom (I am NOT going to post a photo, I'd be absolutely mortified for others to see this monstrosity).  I so wanted to get this stuff done this weekend, but there just aren't enough hours in the day, or in the weekend.  See on Friday, I got Lasik surgery, and you're supposed to nap or at least rest your eyes for 3-4 hours.  I think I got about 2 hours of rest before it was time to take Red to the vet for his first puppy checkup.  Then it was back home to order pizza for dinner and to rest some more.


Saturday I had my recheck for my eyes, and then it was grocery shopping time.  By the time we got home from shopping and got everything put away, it was time to cook dinner.  I cannot for the life of me remember what I cooked for dinner Saturday night.  (really 50? is this gonna start already?!?!?)  Yesterday we went and visited our favorite military family and saw their new house, so no house cleaning or cooking for this girl.  And I just remembered Saturday's dinner was TACOS!  LOL


And today I've just been a busy little bee.  Well, not so little.  But you know what I mean.


I'm loving the Lasik, not having to wear glasses or contacts for my distance vision.  I'm having to wear readers for my computer and up close stuff, so I'll be investing in multiple pairs to keep in the car and all around the house and my desk at work and to match my wardrobe and omg it's just too much!  I cannot do that until my eyes settle and heal, so that I know what strength readers I'll end up needing.  I've got some .75+, 1.00+, 1.25+, and 1.50+ around, so I can try them all and see what works best at work. 


If you're wondering about the Lasik - let me start by saying that I cannot watch eye surgeries, and it just gives me the major heebee jeebees to think about something cutting into my eyeball (I can deal with touching the eyeball, wearing contacts, just not cutting into it).  I watched Brian's Lasik about 4 weeks ago, and while watching it didn't make me feel any worse about doing it, it also didn't make me feel any better about doing it.  I can honestly say that it didn't hurt at all, was just mildly uncomfortable from the pressure that you feel.  My claustrophobia also came into play as you're underneath the different apparatus they use and those things are almost touching your face.  But the doctor was very patient and let me "rest" before they moved me to the other equipment, and he counted down the 30 seconds that I was under that one each time.  The rest of the procedure went well, I managed my claustrophobia after that, and within 5 minutes it was all over.  Hella blurry afterwards, and my eyes burned pretty badly on the way home and all afternoon.  You have antibiotic/steroid eye drops to use 4x daily for a week, and moisturizing drops to use every hour you're awake.  Those moisturizing drops are awesome!


Ok folks, I still have more laundry to finish and need to do my nails and make my bed tonight!  I hope those of you who had a long weekend had a great time and made wise use of your free time!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment