Sunday, August 26, 2018

New Additions...and OUCH!!!!!

Ok well I'll start with the OUCH first.  Bright and early around 6:30am this morning, I fell down the stairs going to let Red out.  (I'll explain who Red is, and how he came to live with us, in a moment.)  I was carrying him down the stairs to go out, since Kita was roaming around the common areas and doesn't like Red a whole lot yet, and Steven was going down the stairs in front of me.  I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I slid down the stairs on my ass with all the toes and what felt like the end half on my right foot turned under. Steven spun around as if to help, but by then I was at the bottom of the stairs.  I was afraid to look at my foot, imagining it was grossly broken, and the underside of my upper arm hurt really bad, too.  Anyways, I braved a look at my foot and surprisingly it looked a lot better than I feared.  I've scraped skin off some toes and the top of my foot, and I can't bend my big toe all the way, but I can walk on it (for now).  I've got bumps and bruises in other places, and am finding more as the morning goes on.



I'm too old to be falling down the stairs!  LOL  And what a way to wake up this morning!




Ok, now on to who Red is.  Red is our new puppy.  He's a chestnut brindle Cane Corso, otherwise known as an Italian Mastiff.  Long story short, Brian got him from a man that he and his brother have been working on some remodeling for.  I know some folks may think it's way too soon after losing Dominion to get a new puppy.  Honestly I was thinking that way myself.  But Clydie mentioned that she believes this puppy was sent to Brian to help him through losing Dominion, and I truly believe that's the case.  This little puppy has bonded to Brian, and Brian to him.  He's so sweet and lovable!  At first, I didn't like the name Red.  But then I realized I could tell people he's named after my favorite TV character, Raymond Reddington (woot woot The Blacklist!), so Red it is.  He's somewhere around 10-12 weeks old, and weighs 23lbs. 




Here's some photos of our first week with Red:






                                                            First night at home




                                                       On the way home from hunt camp




                                            Bucko the neighborhood kitty loves him some Red!




                                  What a beautiful face!  Photo taken by my sis-in-law, Jessie




                                             Waiting for Daddy to come home from work


Needless to say, little miss dominant Kita does not like the intruder.  We do not leave them alone unsupervised, and for now, we are only letting them spend a scant few minutes in each others presence before we separate them to different areas.  She's given Red a few kisses here and there, but being that she was real snappy when they first met, we know this will take some time.  Gabriel doesn't really care so much one way or the other, he's been growling at the puppy and showing teeth now and again, but so far so good.

I'm trying to stay moving today to make sure I don't get stiff and the pain worsens, especially on my foot.  I've got some errands to run and shopping to do, so I will get my walking in here shortly. 

I hope everyone is safe and sound, and no one else falls down the stairs this weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment