Saturday, January 3, 2015

More Things to Know.....


So it's got "resolutions" in the title of the photo.  Whatever you want to call it, it doesn't really matter.  These are 10 things we should all remember to do in our lives, on a daily basis.

Hardly a day goes by where I don't laugh at least once.  There was a time in my life when I didn't laugh much, but thanks to my husband and my son, there is a lot of laughter in the house.  There are still days where I don't feel much like laughing, but Brian will not let me go to bed without trying to make me laugh.

I'm guilty of overthinking things - a LOT.  I'm always trying to read between the lines, whether there's anything there or not.  Many, many times, I over-analyze every look, every comment, every moment of silence, to mean something bad or hurtful or underhanded.  It's a lot worse when I'm hormonal, but even when I'm not, it's bad.

I do relax a lot.  Sometimes too much.  I've been sleeping a lot for the past several months - I usually pass out on the couch by 8pm every night, or at the very least, I doze off here and there until it's time to shower and go to bed.

I'm doing a better job of letting myself off the hook about things.  Especially if it's not something super important to worry about.  I used to worry a lot about things that were out of my control, but now I'm like "fuck it, it's out of my control and there's nothing I can do about it". 

True worth - that's something I think I will probably struggle with for the rest of my life.  I rarely feel like I'm good enough, whether it's at work, at home, with my family, everything.  (don't lecture me anyone please, it's a struggle I have to deal with, and don't want to discuss - I do good just admitting it's an issue for me).

I take risks occasionally, and when I do, it's usually worth it.  I took a risk a few months ago and it has truly been a blessing for me, in many ways.  I don't want to discuss it publicly, but please feel free to message me if you want to know.

I don't want to take my dreams seriously, if you're talking about the ones that I have while asleep.  I tend to have a type of prophetic dream, or at least that's what I call it, where I don't necessarily dream something and it happens, but if I dream about a person, whether the dream is good or bad, something unpleasant or unfortunate has happened to that person or someone close to them.  I used to have dreams like this about my mom's 2nd husband's family, and it got to the point that I would practically be in hysterics when I woke up from one of those dreams, as I knew it meant there'd been a tragedy in that family somewhere recently.  I dreamed about Meme the other night, and when I got up the next day I got a text message to call my uncle, and sure enough, something had happened that wasn't good.

But as far as my aspirations and hopes for the future, I have taken them, and do take them, seriously.  There's one big dream, hope, and aspiration that I have, that I want very badly, and I'm hoping it will happen this year.  If you don't know what I'm referring to, you don't know me very well and haven't ever read my blog. :-)

Be kind to myself.  Really?  Sometimes that's a hard one.  Not going there tonight.  You all know it's a struggle for me.

I will always keep my sense of humor, no matter what.  I try my best to find the funny in even the worst of situations.  Laughter is healthy, and it helps me cope with difficult situations.

Lastly - I appreciate everything that I have.  All of it.  The good, the bad, the who cares stuff.  I have worked hard in my life for the things that I have.  Sure, some things have been given to me over the years, but I worked hard to buy our home, our vehicles, and other nice things that we have.  I've always worked to better myself - when I was in high school, I took it upon myself to go out and get a job my senior year in high school.  I wanted to be able to buy my own clothes and stuff and not have to depend on my mother for everything.  I worked full time while going to college full time, from the 2nd semester until I graduated.  I put in for every promotion I could get when I worked retail, and I always got it because I worked hard at what I did.  Every job I left, I got a better one to follow.  I never sat on my ass and expected (or even wanted) anyone to take care of me, or to give me things. 

I'm not rich, not by any means, at least when you're speaking financially.  I'm far beyond rich when it comes to the relationships and love that I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment