Thursday, January 22, 2015

Another Post of Random

OMG why did I have to eat that Little Debbie Star Crunch?  Last time I had one, I didn't care for it.  I wanted something sweet tonight, and that was all I had to choose from.  And OMG it was SOOOOOOoooo good!

Just an FYI - Little Debbie Cocoa Creams are actually better than Hostess Ding Dongs (and less expensive!)

I cannot believe that it's already January 22!  Where has this month gone?  Time is just going by too quickly!

I started back to the gym last week.  It's been about a year and a half since I worked out in a gym, so I'm taking it nice and easy to start with.  I've just been walking on the treadmill so far, started out at 1.25 miles and I'm up to 2.25 miles now.  I'm going to keep increasing the distance til I get to maybe 4-5 miles a day.  This gym thing is not really about losing weight, although yes, that's part of it.  I've just gotten so out of shape that it totally wipes me out when I walk up the 2 flights of stairs in the parking garage.  I mean, I'm really winded - BAD.  So I'm doing this to get in better shape, and hell yeah, I'll take any weight loss that goes with it.

And of course, with the increased physical activity, comes the aches and pains that go along with unused muscles being used, and a bum ankle being stressed and tested.  Plus I have this new foot pain (not new because of the working out, but new in the last couple of months).  This pain will at times almost bring tears to my eyes.  I feel like a good, firm foot massage would help, and I've tried that.  I really wish that I just wouldn't have that pain at all.  It makes wearing heels at work a little difficult.  So glad I bought those Clarkes back in November - they look kinda like Crocs, and they are so damn comfortable!

I have been falling over sleepy since 8pm tonight.  I'm like this frequently, so tonight really isn't any different than the norm.  I don't know what the problem is - I go to bed around 11pm or so every night, and I get up around 5:30am on weekdays.  I guess 6.5 hours of sleep a night isn't enough for me?  That's probably why I nap on the couch after dinner on a regular basis.

Gabriel is so loving - he's a real cuddler.  Dominion is getting to be more of a cuddler, but he's a grouchy old man and doesn't like a lot of it.  They are still very jealous of each other.

I got a Fitbit 2 weeks ago (I think I mentioned this before).  I've managed to hit 10k steps every day this week, and I have about 688 steps left to make 10k tonight.  I'll probably get up and walk in place for a few minutes to hit that goal.  And then go lay down.  LOL

Well I just realized that I don't have anything to wear to the gym tomorrow afternoon, so I guess I should start a load of laundry before I fall asleep.  Maybe I'll wake up long enough to put it in the dryer when it's done in the washer.  And maybe not.  I will find something to wear to the gym, one way or another.  I'm not going to let things get in the way of me going to the gym this time.  And I'm not going to quit my walking routine.

Y'all have a great Friday tomorrow, and a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment