Sunday, August 9, 2015

Weekends - are NEVER Long Enough!!!

Nope, they never last long enough!  I fixed the fagioli soup on Friday night (I fixed frozen country fried steaks Thursday because we didn't have a couple of the necessary ingredients for the soup).  I thought it was really good.  Also, the country fried steak was awesome - I'd been craving that on and off for a while, and I think I've satisfied the craving for now.


Last night I fixed the fried rice and egg rolls I'd fixed a couple of weeks ago, and tonight, I fixed Chicken Cacciatore.  I don't have a link to the recipe, but here it is to the best of my recollection (well, it's how I fixed it not exactly like the recipe is listed but I didn't have bay leaves): 


     5  boneless, skinless chicken breasts
     1  6oz can tomato paste
     1  28oz can crushed tomatoes
     1   green pepper, sliced
     1   red pepper, sliced
     1  small onion, sliced
     1  Tbsp diced garlic
         oregano
         basil
         Italian seasoning
       
Place the chicken in the crock pot, and place the onions and peppers over the top.  Mix the other ingredients together in a separate bowl, then pour over the stuff in the crockpot.  Turn the crockpot on - low for 8 hours, or high for 6 hours.


Cook pasta separately, and serve chicken and sauce over the pasta.  I used rotini noodles.  Clydie and Steven liked it!  (and so did I!).   (Brian is out and missed dinner, but I fixed him a plate for when he gets home)


This is what I'm cooking tomorrow for dinner Crock Pot Easy Swiss Steak, along with some rice and another veggie (to be determined later). 


But enough about food - I've got puppy antics for ya!  I posted on Facebook earlier about terrorizing Gabriel with the compressed air can (he was scared by that over a year ago, and now the mere sight of the can will scare him) - he was in the bathroom and heard me using it in the bedroom and ran out, trembling like crazy.  After he settles down, he decides to wedge himself in between the loveseat and the piano.  He's resting comfortably, when all of a sudden a small plane flies low over the house, making this really loud buzzing sound.  Gabriel shot out of his hiding spot like a bullet, causing Dominion to jump up and look around like "what the hell?".  Gabriel was pitiful, looking around, obviously traumatized yet again by another sound.  Yet this is the dog that will try to duel with the weed eater on the regular.  Oddball!


I'm cleaning out my closet, as far as stuff that was floating around in the bottom, and not in a box.  I also packed away some of my clothing, and even pulled a few pieces to get rid of.  Boy is our bedroom a holy mess right now!  There is so much stuff on the bed that there's not even room to sit on it anywhere.  I've also gone through some boxes of papers that were in there, getting rid of some outdated paperwork, and separating things for further review or filing.  So exciting, I know.  And, I'm doing laundry all day!


So folks, I hope you all managed to have more fun and excitement than I've had all weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment