Thursday, January 2, 2014

Out with the negative, in with the positives.....

Or at least, that's how I'd like this year to be. 




I saw that quote on Facebook last week, and decided to create a pretty version of it to print out, frame, and put on my desk at work.  I deal with a lot of negativity at work, and while I can understand where it is coming from to an extent and even participate in it at times, it really is a draining, downer experience to have to hear it every day, multiples times per day.  So, if you're reading this, and you work with me - if you start getting negative with me and I point to my sign - shush, smile and take your negativity someplace else please.  Positive vibes only for me!




And that's pretty much my motto.  Stressing about things only produces gray hair, wrinkles and upset stomachs.  That's not to say I don't get stressed out or upset when things don't go the way I think they should, cause great googly moogly I do and can be the queen of freaking out.  I try to pick my battles, so to speak, and have to decide what's worth the stressing over and what's not.  One great example was at my wedding - the cake had not arrived as scheduled - I had not even noticed, because I was more focused on the friends and family and what we were there for, not a silly cake.  Someone mentioned it to me and I very calmly called the bakery - the owner was not pleased with how her apprentice had decorated the cake, so she had scraped the cake down and redid it, and would be on her way shortly.  She arrived during the ceremony, and my aunt assisted the bakery folks in placing the cake in the appropriate place and all was fine.  The cake was NOT decorated how I had asked for it to be done, but it was still a pretty cake and tasted good, too.  Some of my friends just could not believe that I wasn't all upset about the cake being late, but I was like "what good would it have done to fret over it?  It still showed up in time for us to cut and serve it, and to me the day was about the vows and my husband, not about some silly confection."

I don't make New Year's resolutions anymore, as they never last and I never stick with them.  But I think I will stick with the pushing out the negative and maintaining the positive idea.  It's a great one, and one that a lot more people should practice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment