Sunday, March 9, 2014

I love the way he loves me.....

Sitting here today, scrolling through photos, I came across one of the photos from our wedding - it's one of my favorites:

 
He had just smeared cake all over my lips, and kissed me right afterwards.  There's just something about the intensity on his face, and his hand on my face, that just makes my heart melt.



Here's one from the day before the wedding:


He was being silly and stuck a piece of dove confetti on his forehead, to make me laugh.  I had gotten pretty upset during the set-up process at the venue, because we had about 10 people there to help and everyone had a different idea of how to set up.  No one was working together, and most importantly, no one was considering how I wanted things.  I had myself a little Bridezilla moment, and Brian reminded me that the most important thing about our wedding day was that it was our wedding day - the set up didn't matter, who sat where didn't matter, how things looked didn't matter - the only thing that was important on that day would be saying our vows and making that commitment to love and cherish each other, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, til death do us part.  So glad he said all those things to me, because otherwise I would have been absolutely freaking out when the wedding cake didn't show up until during the ceremony.  I was so calm, cool and collected on our wedding day, it was surreal.


Here's another picture that I just love - he was nuzzling into my neck, getting all smoochy, all the while trying to convince me that he wasn't going to smear cake all over my face.

 
 
Thankfully, he didn't smear cake all over me, just my lips.
 
 
One more of my favorites - we were waiting for the chaplain to finish signing our marriage license/certificate, to make our union legal:
 


I'm missing my husband this weekend - he's away at drill.  Not a weekend drill, but a week long thing (yeah reserves - 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year - they split the 2 weeks and he'll be doing the 2nd week later this year).  So it's just my son and me, like before Brian and I got married.  It sure has been quiet, and it really sucks not having my cuddle buddy at night.  Of course the pups are still here, and they can't wait to go to bed at night.

Our lives aren't perfect, my husband isn't perfect, I'm not perfect, but we are perfect for each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment