Sunday, October 2, 2016

Five Years Ago Today......

I was seeing my husband off for his deployment to Kosovo.  It was a beautiful, bright sunshiny day, very cool , very early morning.  And devastatingly sad at the time.  Here are some photos from the day:







It was a tough year, full of many trials and tribulations for us as individuals, a couple and as a family, but we came through it stronger than ever.  His mother beat cancer while he was gone, and moved in with us.  I got to deal with a busted water heater, a leaky aquarium, and some other stuff that seem like really distant memories but were big deals to me, having to take care of by myself.  He injured his shoulder at the gym over there and came back to have surgery a few months after his return. 

Brian came home the next year, on September 29, 2012, and as of July 31, 2016, is now retired.  I don't ever have to worry about sending him off on a deployment again.  I get to keep my husband at home, and for that I am forever thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment