Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Day

We celebrated our Christmas on Christmas Eve, as Steven planned to spend his Christmas Day with his love.  I remember when I was growing up, we'd celebrate on Christmas Eve, so that everyone could go spend Christmas Day with their in-laws.  Made it much easier on everyone to not have to shuttle back and forth on the same day to try to see everyone. 




Mom and Marion are in West Virginia, Daddy is in Arkansas, so we kept our butts planted right here in Carrollton.  :-)  Buddy and Pam came over, and Jessie joined us too, so we had us a nice little afternoon/early evening time.  Buddy said Meme warned him that he needed to "leave the mountains before dark".  I don't know where she gets the idea that I live in the mountains!  But seriously, there are a few mountains around here, but I don't live in the mountains. 




The pups were quite funny with their toy pigs - that's how we began the gift giving - all 3 dogs came to me, knowing that I had something special for them.  I gave Dominion his first, I tried to give Gabriel his, but Kita stole it and went absolutely wild with it, and Gabriel got his and sat down at our feet for a moment.  Until the squealing and grunting of the pigs started, then he ran in terror out of the living room, pacing back and forth between the living room, hallway, and kitchen area.  Kita and Dominion were very enthusiastic with their playing with their pigs, Kita more so than Dominion.  All you could hear were squeals and grunts and oinks while Steven was distributing the gifts. 




After the gifts were opened, Steven found Gabriel in the kitchen, trying to get the ham off the counter!  He's never gotten anything off the counter to our knowledge, but the poor boy is so hungry because of his diet, he tried his best to get the ham but was stopped before he got anything.  He came and sat at my feet for a while, with his pig, and I was watching Dominion try to play with Steven with his pig, and Kita was still tearing hers up in the floor.  Steven threw Dominion's pig towards the hallway, but it bounced back towards the table, unbeknownst to Dominion, who continued running down the hallway - Kita realized what had happened, so she ran to steal Dominion's pig, leaving hers unattended, handing the perfect opportunity to Gabriel to steal her pig so now he has 2 pigs. Even though he wasn't interested in making them squeal or oink or grunt!  We did take one away from him and give it to Dominion, so that everyone had a pig.  Best $15 spent at Christmas, EVER.




I went to bed with a sick headache around 9pm.  My sinuses are really acting up this weekend, and I suffered horribly last night.  By 2am, I was in tears and popped a Percocet.  Those of you that know me well, know that it's serious when I'm in tears and taking narcotics - I hate taking pain meds, and I typically have a fairly high pain tolerance.  I was hoping that the Percocet would at least take the edge off the pain, because if not, I was seriously contemplating going to the ED for relief.  Thankfully, I fell asleep after a while, and woke up headache free this morning.  (fingers crossed it stays that way)




Today it's just the 3 of us at home - Brian, Clydie and I - I'll be cleaning up the living room of gifts and stuff, and doing laundry as well.  No rest for the wicked!




Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment