Sunday, August 3, 2014

Time for Some Fun!

I just remembered a really funny exchange we had in the car recently - this really should be in another installment of "Funny Shit My Family Says" but I'm going to put it here anyway.  **Mild language warning**  So Brian and Steven have taken to telling each other (and me and Clydie - lord knows they wouldn't want to leave us out) to "shut your whore mouth".  We're in the car and they are starting up with this, and Brian says it to his mother, so she says "shut up you whore lover" to him, and Steven immediately jumps in with "what you tryna say about my momma?!?!?"  That stopped the shenanigans because it cracked us all up!

I know we're not couth and polite at times, but we have fun.  I don't care if people think we're crude, our lives together are about loving one another and having fun, and if we have fun in a crude fashion, then so be it.  We are having fun! 

I grew up in a fun-loving household, although we generally weren't crude or loud about it (well, except for farts - farts are ALWAYS funny, and usually call for some really loud laughter).  In fact, my  mother would probably have a heart attack if she went out in public and secretly viewed how we are at times.  She should NEVER go shopping with us at Sam's Club, by the way.  (I am VERY thankful for a successful bladder surgery after those trips!)  Sure, we get some annoyed looks at times, but most of the time the people around us are laughing with us, and even join in on the funny comments. 

Steven's favorite thing to joke about is Brian's height.  He's always making short jokes (for those of you who don't know, Brian is about 5'6", I'm 5'8", and Steven is around 6' - he's not the shortest in the household, that would be Clydie, at around 5'2" or so).  Steven LOVES cracking on Brian about his height - it's usually pretty damn funny, too.  And Brian and Steven both crack on Clydie for being the oldest in the bunch.  I get picked on for being the natural "blond" in the family (yes, I'm a natural ditz, haven't been naturally blond since I was about 3 years old), and for taking after Meme in some ways (repeating stories, forgetting things, you know - the getting OLD shit that happens to us all eventually).

I had a great birthday Friday - we had originally planned to go to Kennesaw Mountain to walk some trails, but there was a 40% chance of rain and thunderstorms and we decided not to go, we didn't want to get caught out in thunderstorms on a mountain.  We had some other errands to run and just spent some good family time together.  Ran a few more errands yesterday and cleaned house. 

Today we're having some friends over for a cookout - can't wait to see them and spend time with them!  Momma Clydie is making stuffed mushrooms and jalapeno poppers to go with the burgers and brats we're gonna be grilling later.  It's about time for me to go start prep work so that all I have to do later is pop everything on the grill and then it's eating time!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment