Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mom is home!

Picked Mom and Marion up from the airport yesterday....so glad they are home!  They are pleased with Michael's painting and redecorating of the upstairs bedroom and bathroom.  Mom knew about the bathroom, but Marion didn't, and he was surprised and very pleased with the new look!  I could tell Mom was still sad about Bitsy's death, we talked about it a lot on and off, and she seemed to avoid the kitchen (which was Bitsy's room).

Mom and I are going shopping today to get the last of the things for the wedding.  Can't wait to spend some one-on-one time with her!

My allergies/bronchitis are getting better.  I had a Z-pack refill left from last summer that I got filled Wednesday and it seems to have helped.  I'm still coughing, but it has eased up some, and the congestion is getting better (thanks Mucinex!)  Although I did wake up at 3am with that annoying tickly cough that wasn't bad, just wouldn't go away, so I had to use a cough drop.  And of course I kept falling asleep and then waking up, worried I was going to choke on it.  LOL  Needless to say I didn't sleep well after that.

Got some laundry started this morning, I imagine Brian will work on it while I'm gone off with Mom. 

6 more days!!!!!  I'm not nervous yet, well for the most part.  I worry about how things will go down Saturday, will they go smoothly, will there be bumps and interruptions, etc.  I suppose all brides feel that way when they're approaching their wedding day.  I just have become such a stickler on planning and details, and lately, whenever I've made plans, they've gotten messed up at the last minute and it has caused me great stress. 

For example, before Mom left for England, I had made plans one Saturday to go dress shopping with her and her friends, and I don't recall the details, but the timing got all changed around and I didn't get to do what I wanted to do, so it just really stressed me out.  Then a few Fridays ago, I took the afternoon off from work so that we could go get our marriage license and I could go steam clean the carpet at Mom's, and those plans got screwed up and nothing got accomplished that afternoon.

Then I leave early from work Friday so that we can take care of some things, including that ever elusive marriage license, and stupid old biddy (sorry if any of you are related to her!) at the Clayton County probate court office said we had to have certified copies of our divorce papers, AND that our pre-marital counseling document had to be notarized.  Okay, so the county website does say that the divorce papers have to be certified copies so she was right about that, but NO WHERE does it say the pre-marital counseling documents have to be notarized.  So anyways, we Googled surrounding counties and were able to go to Spalding County to get our license (and it was much less expensive there too!)  So we are good to go for Saturday!

I hope you all have a great week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment