Saturday, October 8, 2011

Damn........

Been a rough week, and was so looking forward to a peaceful night of sleep last night, as I was exhausted. Alas, it was not meant to be - Steven came and woke me up after I'd been asleep about half an hour, then the puppy whined.....all......night.....long.......

I'm missing my husband.....he deployed last Sunday.....had to deal with a busted water heater Monday and Tuesday....

Thursday - had to deal with taking my grandmother's cat to the vet to have him euthanized. I knew this was coming, I was just hoping that I wouldn't have to be the one to do it. But she couldn't physically carry him herself, and I knew she couldn't emotionally handle it. While it was emotionally painful to me, I knew it was definitely the right decision for the cat. He is no longer suffering (he had bladder cancer). And while it's not something I care to experience again, I'm glad I could do this for her.

I was there with him when the vet did it, and it was quite peaceful. I was afraid the cat would struggle and fight against it, but he was quite calm and just laid there, letting me love on him, and as the medicine started taking effect, he raised his head and looked me in the eyes, with such a sweet, peaceful look, almost as if to say "I understand, thank you"....then he was gone. Yes, I know that may sound bizarre, but that's honestly what I felt his eyes were saying to me.

I was so exhausted last night after dinner, I just wanted to come home and go to bed. I tried to stay up a little while, because I knew putting the puppy to bed early meant having to get up early to take him out. But I was out by 10pm. And the puppy whined....all....night.....long..... I've been out of bed for about an hour now, and am contemplating going back to sleep for a while. But, I can get so much done if I just get up....and if I don't at least nap, I will be exhausted again tonight on the drive home from Jan & Ricky's. Plus - I'm supposed to go help Meme with God only knows what today. Well, I do know what - she wants me to help her rearrange her clothing closets. Ugh.......

I hope you all have a great weekend - I'm going to put on my happy face and fake my way through it if I have to. Think I'm gonna go make a pot of coffee and get started with laundry here, and call Meme shortly to see what's up with her plans.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment