Friday, February 6, 2015

That magical weekend

Military ball 2011. It was such a magical weekend. We'd talked about getting married since he'd moved in during the summer of 2010, but there was no talk of when.
He had a meeting that Friday night and when it was over, he said he had someone he wanted me to meet. I figured it was one of his soldiers, and followed him through the hotel as he looked for this person.
Finally, we find him in one of the meeting rooms. He was on the phone, and while we waited for him to finish, I started to wonder who this man was, and why we had to meet. When he introduced himself, it suddenly dawned on me why we were meeting - this was Chaplain Nick, the man Brian had picked to be the officiant for our wedding ceremony! 
I suddenly realized that this was it, Brian was ready to set a date and make plans!  I was so excited that evening I was about to explode!  I couldn't wait to tell my mom and all my friends! 
I was on cloud 9 all weekend long. The wheels started turning in my head regarding wedding plans. We had about 3 1/2 months to plan, as we set our date for May 28, Memorial Day weekend.
These photos popped up on my Timehop, and I just wanted to share a little of the story behind it.
BTW - these photos are why my mother tried to talk me out of wearing heels at the wedding!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment