Saturday, February 18, 2017

Lazy Saturday

Today has been a somewhat lazy day.  Went running around town, baked some cocoa drop cookies (Meme's recipe), and fixed creamy chicken enchiladas for dinner.


I took Steven to see Meme yesterday.  That was a lot tougher than I had imagined it would be.  She was asleep the entire time we were there, The doctors are keeping her medicated with morphine to keep her comfortable.  She was peaceful for the majority of the time we were there, but she started making these horrible moaning sounds, like she was crying out.  I stroked her hair and talked to her, and she would settle down.  She had a few spells like that and then was quiet. 


Before we left, Steven and I both told Meme things that we appreciated about her, and that we loved her.  Steven mentioned how he learned to love Krystals due to all the times she took him there, and she started moving her mouth in a rigid fashion, like she was either trying to talk, or perhaps she was acting like she was eating.  It was kinda funny, but it made me sad, too.


Mom and Buddy have looked as hospices, and have selected one if that becomes necessary.  The nurses are surprised that Meme has held on this long, and are saying that she could pass at any time now.


I know she has lived a good, long life, at 92 years old.  But this is really hard for me.  I do really well sometimes, and other times I'm an emotional mess.  Please keep the prayers, mo-jo-, ju-ju, and positive thoughts coming for the whole family.  It's just a matter of time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment