Saturday, February 25, 2017

In Remembrance of Meme

We laid Meme to rest yesterday.  It was an absolutely beautiful day, not too warm, not too cool, sun was shining bright, just gorgeous - a perfect day for a graveside service.  The preacher that performed the service spoke in such a positive manner, and there were a few laughs as well.  

Meme had such a beautiful life, and in talking with the preacher on Thursday afternoon I learned a few things about her, too.  We shared many laughs, and many tears, in talking with the preacher.  And Meme looked so good.  We were able to have a private family-only viewing on Thursday, and she looked just like the "old" Meme.  I was worried because I didn't want my last visions of her to be the ones from the last time I had seen her at the hospital, and I couldn't have been more pleased with how she looked.  So peaceful, so beautiful, and in no more pain.

Thank you so much to all of you for your thoughts and prayers, to those of you who have reached out privately, who have commented on my posts on Facebook, and to those who may have just kept their thoughts and prayers to themselves.  I appreciate each and every one of you for your kindness and thoughtfulness during this difficult time.  


                                                                                        Meme & Pap Pap in the 40's
 Me around 4 years old, Meme, Pap Pap
                                                                           




 at our wedding May 28, 2011



At Steven's 16th birthday November 21, 2011


Easter brunch 2013


Christmas 2014








Westbury Nursing & Rehab summer of 2014







Meme & Steven, July 1996



view from Meme's porch at the lake, February 24, 2017


the cardinal I saw the morning we buried Meme, February 24, 2017 - my mother commented that she saw a very beautiful one outside the bedroom window the same morning

No comments:

Post a Comment