Sunday, February 12, 2017

February 12, 2017

Nope, I can't come up with a snappy title tonight for my blog.  My brain is fried.  Part from being sick, part from being worried.  I've been sick since early January, and have gone through a Z-pack, 10 days of Keflex, and now am on a 10-day regimen of Levaquin.  Yes, I've read all the lovely possible side effects and precautionary information, so I'm paying attention to my body to see if any of the stuff happens.  I've been on Levaquin a few times before with no bad side effects, so I'm hoping that's the case this time.  At least it's working, I didn't have to take cough syrup last night or eat cough drops to be able to sleep, and haven't had a cough drop today.  I'm glad I no longer need the cough syrup at night, I've been having some crazy dreams and nightmares (worse than usual).  Thanks Promethazine DM!




I'm also still fighting that stupid rash on my neck and face.  The Z-pack the dermatologist put me on didn't make a dent in it, the Keflex seemed to knock it almost out, and of course it flared right back up within a couple days of my last Keflex.  I noticed today that it seems to have faded away, 6 days after starting the Levaquin.  I'll be interested to see if it comes back once the Levaquin is done.  I have a couple of faint scars, but at this point I'll take that over the angry red rash.




And now for my worry - Meme is in the hospital again, has been there since Thursday.  I don't want to get into details on here, if you want to know, please feel free to private message me and I'll be glad to tell you what's going on.  She's a stubborn old broad, and is hanging in there for now.  It's amazing what she's gone through over the last 3 years and has pulled through every time.  I know one day she won't pull through, and I'm trying to prepare myself for that, but it's not easy.




Okay I have to lighten the mood for a moment.  My husband was telling me the other day that some knucklehead at his job drove a forklift and pierced through the back door of a delivery truck, and also managed to puncture one of the truck's tires.  I asked him if "Joe" worked there (I'm not using the real name, don't want anyone hassling me over telling on them).  Joe worked at my last place of employment and several times managed to pierce product on the pallets with the forklift, and even knocked a person into a wall.  He was a relative of the person that ran the company, and when showed the video of Joe knocking the employee into the wall, the president said "well why didn't she move out of his way?" as if it was her fault that Joe ran into her.  Ummm, I would think the driver of the forklift would be responsible for the safe operation of the machine, and that he should have stopped until she was out of his way, or asked her to move.  And if he couldn't see in front of him, then he should've taken whatever steps necessary so that he could see.




Anyway, I'm going to stop talking about my previous place of employment, I get really riled up thinking about the nepotism that went on there and how unfair things were.  I wasn't a perfect employee by any means, but damn.  Enough.




Been down in my back today, lower back has been giving me fits.  It started yesterday, and made it a little painful to get in and out of the car.  Today when I went to the store I rode in the truck and that was painful, too.  Oh well.  It's better tonight so I'm thankful for that.  Gonna lay on the heating pad tonight and hopefully that will help.




I hope you all had a great weekend, and have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment