Friday, November 4, 2011

Humor

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.


I saw that quote above on a page on Facebook, and thought "damn, that's ME today". Yes, the PMS symptoms that didn't strike last time around, have hit me with a vengeance today. HARD. Like they haven't in a few months. It was just a rough day today, and by the time my son and I ate dinner, my nerves were raw and every word and sound grated on me something fierce.

I am so sick of hearing of the online drama bullshit on various pages that my son frequents. Trolls leaving messages, to intentionally aggravate him and other members. He just doesn't get it that those trolls say what they do because it bothers him and he lets it be known that it bothers him. I've tried to explain to him that he needs to ignore the online drama, and I know this from personal experience. I've shared with him some of the drama that I've experienced online, and know that the more you feed it, the worse it gets.

But of course, I'm a parent and he's a teenager, and parents just don't know anything and can't possibly understand teenage angst, hormones, and whatever the hell else you want to call it. So I give up. He can have his drama, I just don't want to hear about it anymore. As long as the drama doesn't come to our house, or school, or any other place we may go to, and that it stays online only, who cares.

I experienced my own drama of sorts today - the dentist office called me today, telling me I have to pay them $3900 on Monday when I come in for the root canals. This would be AFTER the 2 insurance plans I have pay their part. I called bullshit, and won - they called back with a MUCH more reasonable figure to pay, and so I'm getting TWO root canals on Monday. Yes, TWO. I figured what the hell, if I'm gonna possibly be miserable from each of them, I may as well get the misery over all at once. No need in being miserable twice, at separate times. Of course when all is said and done, I could possibly regret that decision, but you live and learn, right? Besides, I have happy pills (valium that the dentist prescribed to take beforehand), and percocet and ibuprofen for afterwards. Yay me!

I also fought my temper at work today, due to those lovely PMS hormones. I don't think I did a great job at hiding it, though. Oh well, such as life. We're all entitled to the occasional rough day at work, in my opinion. I had already made my mind up before I got to the office how I was going to respond to a particular individual if a certain situation arose, and fortunately for him , he didn't behave in the way I thought he would, so he didn't have to face my wrath.

Dammit, I need to win the lottery!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment