Sunday, December 27, 2015


I'm almost back to normal.  *Almost*  I'm 3 weeks and 2 days post-op, and feeling pretty good, although I do still get pretty tired in the afternoons if I'm busy during the day.  And I've figured out that the ovaries are still working, as I'm in the throes of PMS this weekend.  Achy hip joints and a couple wicked stabbing pains in the belly.  It's a barrel of fun. 

Brian and I got up yesterday morning before the ass-crack of dawn (3:00am, for those that wonder what time that is), and headed to the hunt camp for the day.  With all the rain we've had lately, the roads at camp are in surprisingly good shape.  One spot on the first dirt road that leads into camp has some wash-out on the sides, but the roads within camp, at least the ones we traverse, were in great shape.  Although, where I park the truck by my spot was kinda wet, and I almost got stuck.  I had to ride down towards my stand and turn around in the edge of the food plot (I knew it wasn't wet and squishy there).  Once I came back out, it wasn't an issue getting on the road and heading back to camp.

Who knows what a mandolin is?  I'm talking the kind used in the kitchen, not the musical instrument.  For those that don't know, it's a utensil that has interchangeable parts, making it a grater or a slicer, and the stuff that gets grated/sliced goes into a container that's attached to the blades.  As I was using it, without having something to hold the potato that I was slicing, I started thinking about when I would need to stop slicing so that I didn't hurt myself.  No sooner than that thought went through  my mind, I found the answer the painful way.  I started hopping around the kitchen, profanities spewing forth, and went to the sink to rinse my finger and see how bad it was.  Thankfully not too bad, and I managed to not get blood on the potatoes.  Brian was nice enough to finish slicing the potatoes for me while I went to bandage my finger.

The rain on Christmas Eve was dreadful - I drove to work that morning at my usual time, and really should have waited until a little later in the morning.  I drove through some fairly deep water, I honestly think I floated for a few seconds (no, not hydroplaned - actual floating).  I got home that afternoon around 12:30pm, and as I pulled into the driveway I heard a scraping noise.  I park and see that some of the mud/water-guard that is under the front bumper is hanging down, and that the mud-flap on the front passenger side was flipped out to the side.  I go inside and am telling Clydie about it, and look outside - only to see the rest of the mud/water-guard at the end of the driveway!  Brian is taking the car tomorrow to get the estimate on getting that replaced or reinstalled, whatever will be best. 

Grilling steaks tonight for hubby's birthday - got a new potato recipe that I'm working on.  If we like it I'll share it later.  :-)

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment