Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday blahs.....

Another weekend has flown by, and Monday morning is looming just a few hours from now.  I'm not really in the mood to write, but in a way I am.  I'm just so scatterbrained tonight, I don't know that I can concentrate enough to make much sense, but here goes.

We went to Tanner Beach yesterday with one of Brian's sisters and her son.  Well, Steven and I went with her - Brian stayed at her place and napped with the dogs.  Sheree and I stayed in the water up to our shoulders, so of course I am now sunburned from the shoulders up, including my scalp.  (forgot my damn hat!)

This morning we got up and took the pups to the dog park, then came home and got in cleaning mode.  I rearranged the Tupperware cabinet, as well as the cookware cabinet and the cabinet where we keep all the travel mugs and plastic cups.  Oh, and I also worked in the cabinets above the microwave to get them organized.  I wonder how long things will stay the way I fixed them today?  Probably not very long unfortunately.

This afternoon we rode over to my mother-in-law's for dinner, and it was wonderful (thanks for the invite Janice!).  It was great to spend time with her, and Brian's sister Janice and her husband Ricky, as well as Ricky's nephew.  We took Gabriel (the new puppy, for those of you that haven't seen the pictures posted of him), and while he wanted to play with Zoe and Sophia (their chihuahuas), they didn't much appreciate or like him.  LOL

Our trip last weekend to Missouri was wonderful - Brian's daughter is just absolutely beautiful, and her mother's family was quite nice.  We had a good time at the park by the Gateway Arch on Saturday, and a wonderful time at the zoo on Sunday.  We had planned to go to Florida this weekend to visit Brian's brother Ricky Wayne, but it didn't work out for us.  We are hoping to go some time in August to visit him.  I gotta get my son to the beach soon!

Steven is heading to Arkansas this coming weekend for a 2 week stay with my dad.  He is really looking forward to going, and I know my dad is looking forward to having him visit.  I'll be busy after taking Steven to the airport Saturday freezing fresh veggies after a run to the farmer's market on Friday afternoon.

Well it's getting to be close to bedtime, I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great Monday tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. hey it was awesome to have you guys out yesterday, I got sunburned too and me scalp hurts lol. glad ya'll have a good dinner with mom, hey I wanna go to farmers's market lol

    ReplyDelete