Monday, January 30, 2012

Where do I begin.....

A lot has happened since I wrote last. I'm getting sick, well I AM sick now and am slowly getting better. I skipped the gym a lot last week with the intentions of working around the house to get ready for my mother-in-law to move in, and to avoid getting overheated, and I ended up not doing a whole lot of anything during the week. 99% of what I did, got done Friday night.

We got Ms Clydie moved in with us Saturday, and worked all day around the house, leaving to run a few errands and return the moving truck. I was crashed out in the chair in the living room by 9pm - Steven woke me up at 915pm and walked me to bed! But alas, I was up at 6:50am on Sunday, partly because I felt like I'd slept for 24 hours, and partly because the dogs were ready to go outside by then.

We worked around the house some more, and Ms Clydie made some homemade bread (yum!) and I made chili for dinner.

My cough is somewhat better thanks to MucinexD - damn, I hated spending $26 for 24 pills, but you just can't get an equivalent product for less.

Went to Maggiano's for dinner tonight with some of the FRG wives - love me some italian food, and I think Steven enjoyed being the only guy there (not counting the 2 little kids). He even went and hugged some of the women bye!

Told a lot of old stories on the ride home, about Steven and his brother CJ. I probably talked Ms Clydie's head off, but Steven loves hearing those old stories sometimes.

Got a package from Brian today - he had a local artist do a color pencil portrait of us, from a picture we had made back in August. It is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to find a great place to hang it. I would take a picture of it and post it on Facebook, but I am feeling incredibly lazy tonight and don't want to do anything else but finish this blog, fart around online and then turn over and go to sleep. Gotta shower first, though, before bedtime, and change the sheets (jersey knit is not a good fabric for sheets when you have 2 huskies that shed like a mofo).

Well folks, time to get off my arse and go shower and get ready for bed. I hope everyone had a great Monday, and here's to a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment