Sunday, February 5, 2012

Slowly getting back in the groove......

First sign of me starting to get back in the groove? I did my nails tonight. For the past few months, I haven't bothered polishing my fingernails. I always keep my toenails painted, even if they only get done every 3-4 months. The polish on the toes tends to last longer on the fingers, and I've been in such a funk that I've known that if I paint the fingers, I likely wouldn't be up to changing the polish once it started looking worn, so it was better to just do clear than color. Plus, my nails are going through a horrible splitting and breaking phase, I can't get them to grow out beyond barely being nubs.

Not sure what's up with the nails, I take my multi-vitamins, and am not taking any new meds that could cause issues. I guess it's just not my time for growing nails.

I took the week off from the gym this past week. Moving my mother-in-law in with me last weekend kicked my ass from all the lifting and in and out the house, up and down the steps to the house, etc. Plus, I've been sick all week with that damn cough and congestion. Thankfully that has eased up nicely and I'm not coughing much at all now. I still have some congestion, but it's manageable with the Mucinex-D.

I'll be starting back with the gym tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. Steven is going with me, so I won't be doing interval class. I will be doing the treadmill for a bit, then some machines. I'm not going to push too hard to start with, since I haven't gone in over a week. But I do have to get my ass in gear and get this body going.

I fell asleep yesterday afternoon when we got home - I think it was around 6pm or so. I didn't get up again until 5am, and only to pee. I remember waking up at some point well before that, and hearing it raining pretty hard. I just turned over and went right back to sleep. The pups let me sleep til 8am, then they just couldn't stand it any more and I had to get up. I needed that much sleep, but it kills my joints and back to stay in the bed that long. I just couldn't stay conscious at any point when I woke up. Not that I would have stayed up at 5am on a Sunday morning - that would have been crazy!

Feeling kinda yuck today too from the lovely period. That may have contributed to my fatigue that made me sleep over 12 hours. Not sure though, but I got my sleep and hopefully will continue sleeping normally the rest of the week. I'm going to shower here in a few minutes and head to bed, hopefully by 11pm. I've GOT to start going to bed at an earlier time than I've been doing - these late nights are rough.

Alright folks, that's it for tonight. I hope everyone had a great weekend, and has a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment