Friday, December 9, 2011

Sinking.......

Sinking slowly into the depths,
the deep, dark depths of depression.
It's a place I'm all too familiar with,
a place I loathe to visit.

It seems that it comes every year,
during the cold, dark months of winter.
It doesn't matter what's going on in my life at the time,
whether things are going badly, or are going well,
I still manage to sink into the hell of depression.


I wrote that on my old Myspace blog back in January 2010. Still applies today. Doesn't help that not only are the seasons against me, but so are my hormones and some personal issues that I won't go into.

Just having a rough week, and today isn't any better, other than I'm relieved it's Friday, and will try to perk up for my son's high school state championship football game tonight. I guess I'll just throw myself into the spirit of the game and try to enjoy the game as well as the band's performance - it will be my son's first marching band performance that he's participated in, so it will be interesting. I will try to take pictures and maybe a little video and post it later.

I have a lot I want to accomplish this weekend, I hope I find the motivation within to get it done. Sinking into the abyss tends to suck all of my motivation away, so I'm going to have to work extra hard to get it back.

May you all enjoy your weekend.....I'll try to enjoy mine......

No comments:

Post a Comment