Thursday, September 22, 2011

In the Final Analysis

If you are successful, you will win som
false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank,
people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway....
You see, in the final analysis,
it is between you and god;
it was never between you
and them anyway.

What you spend years building,
someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway....
You see, in the final analysis,
it is between you and God;
it was never between you
and them anyway.

                    Mother Teresa


Well, I was rummaging around on another website, saw a question someone got asked about going to page 56 in the nearest book, and looking at line 14, and found this blurb by Mother Teresa.  I find it quite interesting, and seemingly true.  My interpretation of it, is to live life as you see fit, and if others stand in your way, so be it. 

We are tested for many different reasons, by many different people and many different situations and circumstances.  We can let these "tests" bring us down, or we can keep on, keeping on, doing what we feel is the right thing to do, and living as we feel we are supposed to live.  This may not please others, but it's the way things have to be. 

There's an old saying someone told me when I first got promoted into a management type position a long time ago - you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of them all of the time.  How true that statement really is!  Decisions we make on a day to day basis can be pleasing to some, displeasing to others.  Decisions some of us make can affect others in our lives, and even sometimes others not directly in our lives.  But, we have to do the best that we can do, and make the decisions that seem right for our lives.

I know I've made bad decisions in my life, but I've also made some good ones.  I'm not going to sit here and cry over the bad decisions - no use in doing that, I just need to make sure that I've learned from the bad ones so that I won't repeat the same mistakes.  Too many people don't learn from their mistakes and keep repeating them.  That's one of the reasons why history is so important to learn - people, countries, governments, etc., that don't learn their history and the mistakes that were made, are doomed to repeat them.

I will rejoice and take comfort in the good decisions that I've made, and celebrate, especially when it's a decision I've made after learning something from past mistakes.  I will share my experiences with others, so that they may also learn from my mistakes and not make the same errors that I have.  No one is perfect, and everyone can stand to learn something to avoid making mistakes in their lives that aren't worth repeating. 

I hope that I can continue to learn from my mistakes.  I am sure that I will continue to make mistakes - I'm human and not perfect - but I pledge to learn from them and not repeat the same ones over and over.  Maybe if more people learned from their mistakes, the world would be a more peaceful place.....

No comments:

Post a Comment