Thursday, September 29, 2011

Seriously, people........perspective.....

I just saw a photo that puts things in perspective - I won't share the actual photo  because honestly it is just so shocking, but it was a picture of some starving children somewhere in Africa, with a caption saying something about "how can you complain about famine and starvation when other children have to deal with all the layout changes of Facebook".  Seriously people - we have all griped and complained about the changes on Facebook, and other things that quite honestly are trivial compared to some of the real challenges that people face in this world - like getting enough to eat, medical care, war, etc. 
Many of us don't see these things going on in the world, only see fleeting images in the news and online, and it doesn't touch our lives on a daily basis.  I know life isn't perfect here in America, but most of us (at least the ones of you able to read this) have it pretty damn good compared to others in the world.  Most of us have plenty to eat, or have friends, family and other resources to be able to get food from.  Many of us have access to medical care, in some fashion, to at least handle our basic needs. 

We don't worry so much about an actual war taking place here in the US, although we have been attacked here before, and there is always the worry of our armed forces being sent into war zones in far away countries.

My whole point in this today is to just remind everyone that we have so much to be thankful for in our lives, I know I do.  I am thankful for having the resources to afford to feed my family, to have medical care for them, and to feel safe in my own home thanks to the 2nd amendment and some mad shootin' skills.  I worry about various things, I gripe about shit online, I am not happy that my husband is deploying in the next week, but I am thankful for so much. 

Just keep it in perspective........

No comments:

Post a Comment