Friday, September 2, 2011

Yay! It's Friday!!!!

And I'm off work today! I took the day off so that I'd have plenty of time to get us ready for our trip to the lake house with Brian's family. We are heading out later this afternoon, and Brian's family will be heading down tomorrow. We have some preparations to make and things to check at the other houses down there before they get there, and I think we're gonna get a head start on the fishing.

I think the pups are gonna have a great time - Dominion didn't care so much for swimming when we took him to the pool, but I think Gabriel will love it! In fact, I'm a little concerned that he may try jumping in the lake, and what worries me about that is that there is apparently an alligator down there. We will have to watch them both carefully.

I'm taking the pet carrier over to Meme's this morning. I think she's finally decided it's time to euthanize her cat, Yum Yum. I'm afraid I may be the one that ends up taking him today. If so, I will deal with it, but it will put a downer on my day for sure. But, it needs to be done, and I'd rather take care of him today than for him to linger on over the weekend and suffer. If I hadn't mentioned what's wrong with the kitty before - he has bladder cancer. He is 12yrs old, and so there's not much they can do at this point other than medicate him to keep him comfortable, and apparently that's not so effective anymore. Y'all pray for me, that if I have to do this, that I can stay strong for Meme and not let this dampen my spirits for the weekend.

Wow, I just wanna stay in bed today and go back to sleep! Brian had to go to work for a few hours this morning, but I've got to get up and get Steven to school, take that carrier to Meme's, and run a few other errands. Busy busy day - cause of course I need to clean out the car, pack our stuff, and run to the store. I may try to squeeze in a visit to the dog park to let the pups wear themselves out so that we'll have a peaceful ride down to the lake.

I think no matter what route we take, the traffic will be bad, since it's a holiday weekend. We can take the interstate, or go the backroads. The interstate will be busy with holiday travel traffic, and the backroads will be bad, at least for the first 20 or so miles, because of the races here in town (we live about 5miles from Atlanta Motor Speedway, where it's a 3 day race weekend - largest labor day party in the country!)

Anyways, I better get up and get ready to get my day going - I hope you all have a fantastic weekend, eat some great BBQ, get some fun in the sun, and enjoy being with your family and/or friends. We will be enjoying ourselves at the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment