Thursday, February 24, 2011

Late Thursday night.....

Dammit my foot is swollen and tight feeling.  I know the doctor and physical therapist said the swelling could last for at least a year, but damn, I am so over this crap.  I'm tired of not being able to wear the shoes that I want to, and do what I want to, just to take care of that foot.  The funny thing is, and I may have already mentioned this in the blog before, is that generally speaking my foot feels much more comfortable in really high heeled shoes.  It's pretty comfortable in flats, but tends to swell a lot more in them.  Shoes in between an inch and 3 inches in height just don't work well for me, they  make my ankle hurt where the cartilege was removed and the bone drilled.  But, put me in a pair of 7 inch stilettos and watch out!  It feels great!

Today seemed to just drag on by.  It was my Friday, as I'm taking tomorrow off, but my God I thought it would never end!  And I had to stay a few minutes late to finish some stuff up (of which I forgot to run reports so I'll have to call Shirley in the morning and tell her which reports to run), and everything got on my nerves, and isn't PMS just grand when you're frustrated already with things at work.

I realized this week, or rather it was brought to my attention, that I've let my nails go, somewhat.  I haven't been as meticulous in keeping them polished as I used to be.  I think part of it is that I'm just so tired that when I come home, I do just what is necessary around the house (cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc), and that's it.  My nails have also been harder to maintain, as far as keeping them longer.  I don't ever have crazy long nails - I like some length to them, but apparently I've got something missing in my diet or have something going on that I haven't pinpointed yet that is causing them to break extremely easily.

Maybe it's the fact that I haven't consistently been taking my vitamin supplements.  I've been trying to cut out all the unnecessary things to see if one of them is causing my almost daily nausea, but nothing seems to be working.  I'm pretty much convinced it's the post-nasal drip that I've had to endure the last 4 years, that almost always turns into bronchitis.  I guess it's time to go back on the supplements, though, and see if that helps the nails.

Mom is leaving for England in about 5 weeks.  I dread it.  I really do.  Hurts me to think about it, but it's gonna happen regardless.  Such a fantastic opportunity for her and Marion, but I just hate to see them leave.

The crippling fatigue is back.  I'm sure a lot of it has to do with my lack of a consistent, and much earlier, bedtime than I currently have.  Not sure why I insist on staying up so late - maybe it's the little kid that still lives inside me, afraid of missing something if I go to sleep.  LOL  Plus PMS takes a lot out of me.  I came home today and after greeting everyone, went and laid across the bed and napped for almost 2 hours.  I felt so drugged when Brian woke me up, but I made myself get up and hang out with everyone in the computer room, then cooked dinner.

Well, folks, it's about that time - to shower and hit the rack.  I hope everyone has a great Friday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment