Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's been good......

It was so great to have Mom and Marion back in town the last two weeks.  I took them back to the airport today so they could head back to England.  Not sure when they'll be back over here, but it will probably at least be November.  Sucks that I won't see them for that long, but I get it.  Nine hour flights are exhausting and take days to get over. 

I cooked some home made cream style corn tonight -it was the bomb!  And steamed some fresh green beans, along with a chuck roast with carrots and sliced onions.  Soooo good!  I just wish I had thought to make deviled eggs to go with it, but darn it, I didn't think of it til too late!

I also blanched some corn on the cob and fresh greens beans and froze those.  I hope I did it right and that they will be good when we go to cook them soon.  Gonna make some fresh home made salsa tomorrow night - got lots of jalapenos and some jumbo tomatoes to use, as well as some fresh cilantro. 

Me getting sleepy..........so much to do before I go to bed tonight, and to do after work tomorrow!  Gym, making the salsa, finish tidying up, blah blah blah.  I hope you all had a great weekend, and have a great Monday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment