Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday night....

Steven's movie plans for tonight got cancelled (supposed to go to the movies with a group of people, but most people bailed and the girl that organized the get-together decided to cancel the whole she-bang).  I'm slightly happy about that, as that means that we didn't have to drive to Fayetteville and either A)drop him off, or B)stay and watch a movie.  There's not really anything I feel like paying $9.50 a ticket to see, and honestly, nothing I'd really be willing to pay $5 to get up early tomorrow or Sunday morning to see.  And, yes, I'm still miserable from the poison oak.

I'm sure most of you are sick of me whining about the incessant itching that I am experiencing, and would just love it if I quit talking about it.  Well, I'm not gonna quit whining about it until it stops making me itch.  You will be happy to know that I am going to the doctor tomorrow morning, even though at this point I'd almost rather stay home and fight it out with the calamine lotion and benadryl pills, in addition to the prescription antihistamine and cortisone cream.

After dinner tonight, I coated myself heavily with the clear calamine lotion.  Not much real relief, other than the feeling of the stuff being rubbed into my skin was absolutely lascivious.  Pure ecstasy I tell you!  I ran to Walmart to get a few things for the "new" aquarium (thanks Marion! he gave me his 50 gallon tank setup), and when I changed clothes after getting home, I really checked out my body to see how the rash has progressed.  The places that were there when I saw the doctor on Monday have continued to improve, but I have places that have popped up since Monday that have gotten progressively worse, and more places have appeared. 

The itching drove me to the point of tears the last 2 nights, especially last night.  I'm not quite there yet tonight, although I don't think it will take much longer to reach that point.  However, I have taken a benadryl tablet and that is just now starting to affect me.  I'm going to try to stay up about another 30 minutes, then I'm going to take that prescription antihistamine and go to bed and get a good night's sleep.  Then it's to the doctor in the morning after I drop Brian off at Mom and Marion's.  I may stay doped up on benadryl all weekend, I suppose it will depend on what the doctor recommends tomorrow.

Mom and Marion leave 3 weeks from today.  The selfish sadness is starting to set in.  I'm already thinking about how it will hurt to say "bye for now" at the airport.  I know it's not forever, I know it's an awesome opportunity for them both, but I'm just gonna be my selfish self about it for now and whimper privately to myself (well, this isn't so private, but whatever, I'll be sad about it for a while and this will be another thing I will whine about for as long as it takes).

And now I'm laughing about booger missiles!  LOL  (an inside joke having to do with Steven)

Don't you just love self-diagnosis when you have a medical issue?  I looked at pictures of various rashes online today, with the idea that perhaps this rash wasn't poison oak, but was something else.  Kinda funny (NOT) how the rash looks like Rubella (German measles).  I'm sure it's not rubella, as the rash is only supposed to last approximately 3 days, and mine has gone on for almost 2 weeks total, from one place to another.  I just think this poison oak has decided to infiltrate my blood stream and pop up where ever it bloody well pleases, which is disheartening to me when it comes to knowing it will end. 

Poison Oak Sucks!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment