Monday, March 28, 2011

pot calling the kettle black.....

Don't you just love it when you know someone has hateful things to say to you, or someone you love?  That they just want to criticize you for something you've done or not done, choices you've made, the way you live your life?  And what makes it even better - they base their feelings on just one side of the story, never bothering to find out the other sides of the story, or considering that perhaps the story they've heard wasn't completely truthful?

And don't you find it ironic that they have their own imperfections?  Major ones, at that?  That some of the choices they've made aren't so great?  That they are okay with their friends that have made the same choices you've made, but you're despicable for the very same choices?

On a similar note - recently I had written about being really upset about something and with someone, but didn't want to share what it was at the time.  I still don't want to share specific details, but what I will say is this - it was pointed out to others that I have made some poor choices in my life, and have lived a "screwed up life".

Well guess what - I'm not perfect.  Yes, I have made poor choices in my life.  I made an extremely poor choice for a husband the first time around.  I continued making the poor choice of staying with him for entirely too long.  I have made bad financial decisions, bad decisions on employment opportunities, and bad fashion choices!  I'm sure there will be other bad decisions that I will make.  That is life.

But to say I lived a screwed up life?  Hmmmmm......how screwed up are these facts:
     *I graduated from high school in the top 10% of the class
     *I got a scholarship to college
     *I graduated from college with a Bachelor's Degree
     *I have a son that is quite intelligent, that makes A's & B's on his reports cards, isn't in a gang,
       doesn't get in trouble with the law or at school, and that all things considered, even with the man
       that helped to create him setting a bad example his first 10 years of life, has turned out pretty 
       damn good
     *I have a job and pay my own way

If accomplishing these things means I've lived a screwed up life, then so be it.

There are other things I could point out that I've been successful at, but I will refrain from doing so, as it would really stir the pot, plus it would point out some facts that are best left in the past.  I'm honestly not trying to stir the pot with anyone, just venting some frustrations I'm feeling.  If you think I'm talking about you in this blog, then maybe you should think about what I've said.  Just don't come to me to discuss it.  I really don't want to at this point, as there's not much more to say about it.

I suppose my whole point of this blog is just to say that unless you are perfect, don't bother pointing out other people's imperfections and shortcomings - it's just the pot calling the kettle black.

No comments:

Post a Comment