Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday night

All in all, this has been a pretty good week.  The poison oak, for all intents and purposes, is gone now.  It took about 6 days of steroids to accomplish that feat, but thank God it has been accomplished.  Otherwise, I would be in one of those cute little padded cells I've heard about from other people.

I was warned that my appetite would be out of control because of the steroids, but thankfully it wasn't.  In fact, I think I may have eaten a little less than usual.  That would have to be because of the massive case of heartburn and acid reflux that set in on Monday night and has lingered all freaking week long.  I've been plagued with it every day this week except for yesterday.  I've tried Gaviscon, Tums, Pepcid AC, and whatever the liquid antacid/gas meds are that Brian has.  The liquid stuff has helped with the bloated feeling and gas, but nothing has helped with the whole acid reflux/hearburn feeling.

I was seriously sitting here thinking about going to bed here in a few minutes - I've gone to the bedroom around this time every night this week and just crashed, only to be awakened when Brian comes to bed and makes sure I've taken whatever medicine that I need to take.  But I realized that it's time to do the nails.  I'm going to lunch with Mom and one her friends tomorrow, and we are going to buy some of the wedding decor stuff, so I want to look decent for that.  The nails are in need of a fresh coat of polish, which I wasn't going to worry about until Sunday, because my original plans were to work in Mom's yard with Brian and Steven tomorrow.  But, Mom wants me to join her and Barbara, and since Barbara is making some of the decor for us, I figure I should go and be gracious about it.

And believe me - I am VERY gracious about it!   My mother has been a God-send as far as helping with the wedding.  I cheated her out of the opportunity to give her daughter a wedding when I got married the first time (we decided a week ahead of time to get married, she didn't have the money to do it, and if she had had the money at the time, she couldn't stand him so she wouldn't have done it anyway LOL)  I think she is enjoying the planning process, and in helping me out with it. 

So, it's time to go do the nails and then get in bed.  I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment