Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's almost Friday.....

and I'm so glad.  I am about to lose my mind tonight, from this darn itching.  I thought the poison oak was getting better, as the places that I broke out with prior to the shot were getting better, but the ones that started the day I got the shot are just getting worse.  Not sure what to do at this point, I just know that nothing I'm doing is stopping the itching.  I think I'm gonna call the doctor tomorrow and ask if they think I should come back in for another shot, or if they can call in something stronger than what I'm already on.

There are a few things I was wanting to touch on, but because of my steroid and itching induced irritability, I'm just not going to go there.  I don't want to really piss anyone off, or hurt anyone's feelings because of the meds I'm on and the condition I'm in.  I'm just waiting on those prescription antihistamines to kick in and hopefully knock me out so I can sleep through some of this. 

For some reason, the rash has spread down the center of my back.  It almost looks like I have the measles or the chicken pox, but I had both of those as a child, plus I've had the MMR vaccine, so I know it's not either of those.  Plus I think if it was one of those things, it would be even worse than what I've got.  My rash is limited to my torso, a spot on my left eyelid, a few small patches on the arms, and a few spots on my thighs.  I suppose that sounds like I've got it all over, but I don't.  Most of the skin on my arms are clear, as are my legs.  The torso is the worst, with spots scattered randomly around.

I hate putting the clear calamine lotion on my eyelid, but the pharmacist said it was safe provided that I'm careful in applying it and don't get it in my eye.  So far, so good.

Okay, time for me to get in bed and let these drugs work their magic.  I'm hoping and praying for a peaceful, reduced-itch, Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment