Friday, August 19, 2011

Why am I not surprised?

People just never cease to amaze me.  Before I go any further, yes, I am going to talk about someone, and yes, I'm sure it will sound like I am judging them.  I just can't help myself, they put their business out there for the world to see and it's just so hard not to have the thoughts that I'm having.

Let me start by saying - I do not know this woman.  She has a profile on a website that I am on, and I came across her profile a little over a year ago.  Because I find what she says interesting at times, I go to her profile on occasion.  She was always on the hunt for a FWB (friend with benefits, for anyone reading that may not be familiar w/the abbreviation). 

She recently had a child, and all throughout the pregnancy, she mentioned how she was "looking for a good man", and wondering why she couldn't find one, and when someone would ask "well, what about the child's father?", she would say that she was having this baby on her own, with no explanation.

So the other day, I visited her profile and she had made a comment that having multiple FWBs wasn't a wise thing.  Someone questioned her on it, and she admitted it was because she ended up pregnant and now she doesn't know which FWB is the father.  And I would imagine, being that ever how many men she was involved with, being that they were just FWBs, wouldn't be interested in helping her raise the child.

Part of me wants to feel sorry for her, but I just can't.  She did this to herself.   Why would a woman sleep with multiple men, without using protection (and not just against pregnancy but all the diseases that are out there)?  (and yes, I know, maybe she did use protection and it failed, but still....)

I do feel sorry for the child, to know that if she tells the child the truth of how it was conceived, it wasn't out of love, or at least with someone that the mother loved. 

Maybe I'm wrong for saying something here about this situation, but so be it.  That whole situation just screams of ignorance and carelessness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment