Sunday, April 3, 2011

What a great weekend!

Wow, it was a great weekend.  We didn't accomplish a lot of things that we had planned, but it will still a great weekend regardless.  Mom and Marion made it to England just fine, and I still haven't had any kind of emotional breakdown over it, so all is well on that front.

We rode Marion's Harley to Jan & Ricky's yesterday afternoon and had dinner with them.  I haven't been on a motorcycle since I was in college, so it was great to be on one again!  Jan let me borrow her leather coat for the ride home, so I was quite warm (it had turned off a little cool, and of course riding on the highway on a bike makes it even colder).

Unfortunately there was some bad news yesterday - one of my uncle's dogs, Rascal (the father of my mother's dog Mousse) got hit by a car at the lake house and was killed instantly.  My uncle and his wife were quite upset about it, and it made me sad as well.  I know they were attached to Rascal, and he had made such an attitude change for the better since he was diagnosed and treated for diabetes, and they are hurting.  Please pray for their peace of mind and that they find comfort in the coming days.

Today has been a day of laundry, shopping, and working a little bit at the storage unit.  I had to buy Steven some new sneakers, as his were starting to come apart.  I figured it was better to buy them now before his current pair were totally destroyed.  I also had to buy a few groceries, and we spent about half an hour going through Brian's stuff at the storage unit.  We really just need to spend about half a day there to go through everything and decide what to do with it.  It just didn't work out today for us to do that.

I bought some bell pepper, jalapeno, cayenne pepper, and tomato plants today.  I'm going to plant them in pots and put them on and around my back porch.  That area will get plenty of sun, and also will shade during the day some as well.  I think I'm going to get some cucumber and squash plants, too.  We like all those things, so it will help out some with the groceries.

We watched Wrestlemania 27 tonight.  It was interesting to see all the wrestlers, and how everything went down.  Apparently there's some kind of thing going on with the WWE on May 1, we may end up watching that, too.  I didn't pay much attention to that, so I'm not sure what that's all about.

Got one more load of laundry to finish, then have to put it all away.  Then it's DONE for another week!  I so despise doing laundry.  I count myself lucky that Brian doesn't mind doing laundry, and he doesn't mix bright colors like red with the whites and turn all the undies and socks pink! 

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and that you all have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment