Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday morning!!!!

Wow, got a lot of things we want to do this weekend, and I just don't think there's enough time!  Got a storage unit to go through to see what we want to keep and what we want to donate.  We need to get rid of enough stuff to drop the size of the unit down as much as possible.  Eventually our plan is to take all of Meme's things that are still here in the house and backyard shed and put them into the storage unit, and take all of Brian's things that are left and bring them to the house and store them in the shed.

There are things around the house that need to be done - cleaning, laundry, etc., and a few other errands around town we have to take care of.  Oh, and Michael wants me to come help paint at Mom's this weekend.  He is painting his bedroom, and will be working taking the wallpaper down in the bathroom and painting it, although I don't know that he's going to work on that this weekend.

I left work early yesterday to take Mom and Marion to the airport and surprised myself at how well I kept myself "together".  I had a moment at Mom's, but after that, I was fine, and Steven stayed composed as well.  We dropped them off a little after 5pm, then had to drive back roads to get home because I75 was a freaking nightmare!  The southbound traffic was backed up from Henry Co all the way to I285!  Michael got to see some places he's never seen before - Riverdale (yes, such a fantastic place to see now isn't it, all you folks that used to live in Clayton Co LOL), and the Krispy Kreme donut store (no, we didn't stop, but it sure was tempting!).  He treated us to dinner at the Chinese buffet after we stopped at Petsmart.

I am so blessed to have a best friend like Michael!  He is such a wonderful person with a great spirit.  He fits in with us here and my family as well - Meme even said he was officially adopted into the family Thursday night at Mom's bon voyage party!  lol

Meme is such a card sometimes, and some of the things that she says are out of this world.  She finally made the comment that Mom would never see her again, that she would be dead before Mom came back.  She didn't say it to Mom, but to my uncle, but still, it was said.  We were waiting for that comment to come, and sure enough, the day before Mom and Marion left, there it was.  Lord have mercy!

Well I'm going to have some coffee and get my day started - I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment